Wanted to do a quick post highlighting the most popular articles on OKI that you may not have seen before:
- The Way of Walking Alone - Miyamoto Musashi’s Dokkodo, wrote shortly before his death in 1645.
- Organized Instruction - Thoughts on the many Karate organizations and why I am against them.
- Matsumura’s 1882 Letter - Discussion on Budo in a letter from Soken Matsumura to his student.
- Tadashi Yamashita - A short look at the martial arts legend who taught Bruce Lee nunchaku.
- Deep Stances - Why I don’t do deep stances and why you should consider not doing them too.
- Unrealistic Concepts in Karate - A look at some of the less applicable ideas in mainstream Karate.
- Defining Budo - What Budo means and where we have gone wrong in explaining it over the last 100 years.
- Chosin Chibana’s Essay - An essay attributed to Chosin Chibana consisting on a collection of his thoughts on Karate.
If you think there is an excellent article that didn’t make the list, leave a comment below.